Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A FlyLady Rally

FlyLady just annouced her new motto for 2011, had to share.  And a big thanks to FlyLady Katie for a quick response with their OK to share this in full with you!  For those of my friends unfamiliar with flylady.net, take 7 minutes (set a timer, I mean it) and nose around their site - or just jump in and sign up for a daily digest of their emails like I get.  Their reminders help keep our home, our family (and yes, my office) on track.

Dear Friends,
Every year we debut a new motto the last week in December. Usually by December I know what that motto will be. I have asked everyone for suggestions because finding words to rhyme with eleven is not easy. 99.9% of the responses wanted to rhyme eleven with heaven. Last night I still had no clue what our motto was going to be for 2011. When I went to bed I handed it off to my Midnight Editor! This morning I woke up with it! I love it when my Midnight Editor works overtime to keep me from stressing out! Thank you God.

I felt that rhyming eleven with heaven would be putting a level of perfectionism in our motto that would not help us to get moving toward our goal of a peaceful home. You all know how I feel about the word perfect; that adjective is left for heaven alone. That perfectionism is what causes us to procrastinate.

When you look at my cartoon character; you will see that she has on a cheerleading uniform. She is your biggest cheerleader! This is the reason I have turned our annual motto into a rally cry!

Let's Go for Seven in 2011!

For eleven years we have motivated you to do 15 minutes. I have said you can do anything for 15 minutes. Many of you have become immune to 15 minutes; you were overwhelmed by just 15 minutes. I felt that it was time to make up a new game! With our new rally cry; Let's Go for Seven in 2011! I thought you could do lots of things.

1. Set your timer for seven minutes and focus on one thing.
2. Go pick up 7 items to put away.
3. Go pick up 7 items to throw away.
4. Go pick up 7 pieces of clutter to give away
5. Make a list of 7 things that need to be done and set your timer for the first 7 minutes.
6. Make up 7 menus for the next week.
7. Sit down and rest for 7 minutes or read 7 pages in your favorite book.

There are countless ways to use our rally cry; Let's Go for Seven in 2011! Seven is a doable number. Every week we already bless our homes with seven things that need to be done.

1. Vacuum
2. Dust
3. Quick Mop
4. Polish Mirrors and Doors
5. Purge magazines/catalogs
6. Change Sheets
7. Empty all trash cans

We already have seven days in a week, seven dishtowels and 27 Fling Boogie! Let's make it a 7 Fling Boogie! Our FlyBabies on Facebook are having fun with a 7 x 7. Check out what FlyBaby Emma has done with our new motto! 7 x 7 is complete! I must say it is a lot less painless then the 15 minute bingo and the rewards are still great. I think I'll make the 7 x 7 my every day routine after the kids have gone to bed.

7 minutes tidying loungeroom
7 minutes tidying kitchen and dining table
7 minutes washing dishes/shining sink
...7 minute rest
7 minutes rebooting laundry and folding a load
7 minutes laying out clothes/packing bags/making lunches for tomorrow
7 minutes writing a todo list for tomorrow

It will take a mere 49 minutes, then I can focus on me.

I love how creative you all are! Now it's your turn to take "Let's Go for Seven in 2011!" and make it work for you! We can use our sidetracked nature to our advantage. We only have to stay focused for seven.

Are you ready to FLY with Let's Go for Seven in 2011?

FlyLady

P.S. If you don't like our new motto; please don't whine.

--------

You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?

Let's Go for Seven in 2011!

Copyright 2001-2011 FlyLady and Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved, No reprint to other email lists or websites without FlyLady's permission. You have permission to forward to a friend.

http://www.flylady.net/

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheFlyLady

No comments:

Post a Comment