Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Brother, the Chef

This is my brother Charles. He is a chef. It took him a while to find his passion, but it certainly is that! He's so happy... happier than I've ever seen him in his life. He's working hard and doing well for himself.

Everyone at the restaurant where he works wanted to come meet his family - so you know they like him, that they wanted to see where he came from. (well, that or they think he's crazy and wanted to see the loons he grew up with... but I'm gonna stick with the story that they like him)
The food at The Wilshire was amazing. I could go broke eating there and be happy doing it. I've never had such AMAZING food. Now I understand why people make lives in the culinary arts. There is a whole world of food out there I never even knew existed! And my little brother is a part of the club! How cool is that?!
And then he made the gravy for Thanksgiving. I think our friend Marilyn said it quite appropriately "I just want to pour it all over my fingers [so that I can lick them clean]". It was truly awesome. And then he made pot d'creme... let your tastebuds imagine with me: the best hot chocolate you've ever tasted, rich, smooth, creamy, not so sweet that it overwhelms you but just right - turn that into the tastiest chocolate pudding you've ever had and you're close to what Charles made. And he just whipped it up! :) He's so comfortable in his skin. I'm so very happy for him. (and sad that we don't live closer to enjoy his culinary musings more often!)

Hooray for Charles. For coming and spending time with us, for sharing the passion that is food, and for being my happy, sweet brother again. It's so good to see you doing so well!!! I love you kiddo. Even if I do have to look up to you nowadays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment