Sunday, June 14, 2009

Frozen Fruit Salad

As much as I'd like to take credit for this yummy salad, it came from 30 Day Gourmet.

Frozen Fruit Salad
When we go camping, I create individual servings by using an ice cream scoop to fill foil muffin liners, then freeze. I transfer the individual cups to a single layer in a zip-top bag and keep in the cooler or camper freezer for an afternoon snack. For a meal at home I follow the recipe, using a 9x13 pan.

Beat together:
8 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar (or splenda)

Stir in:
1-1/2 c sour cream
20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
~30 oz or 2 lbs frozen fruit (I found frozen mixed berries at Costco, 1 bag made 2 batches)

Put into serving dish(s) and freeze. Thaw 15-30 minutes before cutting if using 9x13 pan, 5-10 minutes if using muffin liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment