Monday, March 17, 2008

Book Review

I love this book!!


"I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" by Vince Antonucci.

You must go get it now and read it (if I haven't already slid a copy under your nose).

It was like a rollercoaster into my heart! One minute I'd laugh so hard I cried, the next I just cried. I heard God speak to me thru the stories and experiences shared by Vince. I don't think I've had a book affect me so personally before. Maybe it's just me, but I hope that it's the same for you. Because it's been one of those rides where you get off and run to the back of the line to have another go!

It is about being real; experiencing Christianity, not just admiring the brochure. It will ask you who you are, what you’re doing, and where you’re going. And as you go along you will find that the answers are demanded in several forms - to you personally, to God, and to whoever keeps you accountable.

Starting March 30th our church will launch an all-church study based on this book and the (free) companion materials offered thru Baker Books and Vince Antonucci. I help coordinate small groups and am so jazzed about this I am positive that the people in our church are going to start calling me the "Lousy" cheerleader... a title I'll wear proudly!


I would like to take this time to admit a couple things for those of you who have read the book already:

When Jesus got in the boat, he asked me "What are you doing?" Not like the friend wanting to know whatcha doin', or Mom scolding you - but in a gentle why-are-you-doing-
that kind of way. I find that I am now asking myself this question on a regular basis thru my day.


I read this book before my husband but couldn't help myself when I got to death-wish dog and read the entire part out loud to him while we snarfled and snorted in fits of laughter.

I have challenged myself to spend more time reading God's word and listening to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment