Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trader Joe's

If I didn't already know Kansas, and all the good it would bring our life, finding out that the nearest Trader Joe's was a good 4-1/2 hours away would have been a deal-breaker!

I have, for the most part, (begrudgingly) learned to cope. For some reason though, today especially, I find myself missing Trader Joe's!

I miss strolling thru the aisles, grazing the sample booth, and reading the signs. I miss the pizza crust, the dairy case, snacks, frozen enchiladas & tamales, and the flowers. The flowers! It's great that I have friends and loved ones in CA who keep us supplied with the things we haven't found substitutes for out here, but it's just not the same.

Trader Joe's isn't just a grocery store - it's an experience. Like a farmer's market. You can't send a friend for seasonal items. Sure, you could say - would you bring back some tomatoes - but if you didn't say that organic heirloom were okay, would they know you'd like them better? (and then there's the whole shipping issue...)

So, I'm reaching out to all my friends here on the WWW! (power in numbers, right) Please join me in petitioning Trader Joe's to open a location here in the Kansas City/Johnson County area!

Gimmie my Trader Joe's! (please)

Thanks everyone for joining in! This "Caliansas" girl owes you a debt of gratitude. Or, a meal... immediately following my first trip to a Kansas TJ's!!

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment