Monday, November 3, 2008

Miracles Happen

It's a bumper sticker I read on the drive to work this morning. It's had my attention all day. It could apply to many parts of my life right now...

Miracles Happen

-McCain could squeek by Obama via the "silent majority" for a victory.

-I could be given a raise.

-KCP&L could be preoccupied by an ice storm and not be able to hook-up the project that's currently preventing Stan from joining Alex & I at my parents for Thanksgiving.

-ChurchMP3 could take off and our financial life would be turned upside down, in the best way.

-I could read 2 bedtime stories to Alex, get the laundry and dishes done, sit on the couch and talk with my husband for an hour, shower, and still have my head hit the pillow before 11pm. (yeah, that would be a miracle)

-I could pay less than $2.00/gallon for gas... oh, wait! I already do! See, miracles do happen!



(Yes, that is indeed a Waffle House in the background. They do exist, not just in the movies. But, if you know what's best for you, don't actually go in. Just admire the yellow awning from a distance and trust me that they're much more glamorous from the outside.)

No comments:

Post a Comment