Sunday, October 9, 2011

Orange Jicama Salad

My Mother-in-Law created this recipe after enjoying something like it at a restaurant.  It's crunchy, light and rather unexpected.

Orange Jicama Salad
3 cups jicama, cut into thin sticks
1 can mandarin oranges, drained (reserve 1/4 c juice)
1/2 c snipped parsley
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c juice reserved from mandarin oranges
1/4 c vinegar (I like rice vinegar best)
1/4 c oil (or a little less if using olive oil)
1/2 t salt




Combine jicama, oranges and parsley.  Mix together remaining ingredients.  Toss to coat.  Serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. THis looks delicious! I usually just cut jicama into sticks, salt it, and snack on it. Thanks for this great salad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge, thanks for your comment! I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying your Quinoa Almond and Orange recipe.

    ReplyDelete