Tuesday, September 18, 2007

incarnation

In-Car-Nation. Talk radio junkie. Me.

I listen to Dave Ramsey, Laura Ingraham, Hannity, and Savage or Shanin & Parks. Depending on my mood. My favorite is a local guy - Chris Stigall. He's my morning dose.

So, he's talking about that University of Florida student, Andrew Meyer, who rushed the mic. to ask John Kerry questions and was ultimately tased. He's playing an audio clip but isn't taking sides, yet. My gut reaction, disbelief. As soon as I get to work I look it up.

Watching this video, I couldn't help but react emotionally. Who wouldn't instinctively respond to such cries from another human being? But, there's always another side to the story, right?

Here it is! An e-mail (bottom of page) from a student who was there... I think he says it all. Why couldn't Andrew Meyer behave more respectfully? Was this a stunt for notoriety? I don't know, but I encourage you to read into this before you just react to the video. I believe that, ultimately, the behavior of both parties was horrible. Disrespecting the police, not ok. The police using more force than necessary, not ok.

So, here's the lesson for the day:
Stand up for what you believe, but do so in a respectful manner. Resisting the police, even if you are in the right, could get you tased... or worse.


Come on, you don't have to be a genius to understand that!

I'll save Gazelle Intensity for another day...

1 comment:

  1. That really is disturbing. I really get nausiated at this exhibitionist culture YouTube has turned us all into. Its a bit depressing. Those security guards are royally retareded though. Untrained security is as dangerous as armed zealots. Either way, people get hurt. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete