Sunday, May 4, 2008

You might have a great church if...

You might have a great church if... The man who wins the annual "Well Done Good and Faithful Servant" service award is this man:



He's nearly 83 years old. He helps in the infant's room every week (even when he doesn't feel well). He grew up in church serving along side his Mom. When asked what he wanted to tell his family and his church he said he wants everyone to trust the Lord and serve others. And he's dying of leukemia. You heard me. About 4 weeks ago he was given 2 weeks- 4 months by the doctors.

When he's interviewed for church, he closes by looking straight into the camera and saying, "My name is Cam Reed, I'm almost 83 and I have leukemia. What's your problem?"

As if to (lovingly) say: I still serve the Lord and make a difference in the life of as many people as I possibly can, in the place I think the Lord has called me to serve... I've overcome immense barriers to do so and you're going to sit there telling me about how tired you are at the end of the day and that you might miss knowing who got voted off the island, who can't dance, or who won... and you think that's a viable excuse for not putting yourself out there? Ha! I'm dying. I don't care what you think. This is important. Are you listening?

And there's hardly a dry eye in the house because he's impacted that many people.

That's influence. (I know it is because the bulletin requests for volunteers have been pulled, there were a lot of people new to service volunteering after worship... guess I wasn't the only one listening.)

We should all be so blessed.


And prayers, love, and hugs go out to Cam & Thelma, and their family! We all love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment